Pages To Turn

2/13/10

An Actual Update Of Events

That's right, I'm actually blogging about something I DID, not something I THOUGHT, or FELT!

::basks in applause::

Tuesday was hectic. I haven't had a day that tiring and stressful since I-don't-know-when.

First, I got up at 4:00, did some Literature homework, got dressed really quickly, and loaded with Brother and Mother into the truck so we could go to Denny's.
There was the "Free Grand Slam" promotion going on, and Mother and Brother wanted a piece of it. I just went along because I happened to be awake and dressed in time to leave the house.
The place was PACKED with teenagers. When free food is offered, youth seep from the woodwork.

Then, we ran home, I scrambled to get Econ homework done, and then I rushed out again to get to my Doctor's appointment at 9:00.
I got to crutch up and down stairs a whole lot through the course of the day...

So we waited at the doctor for a long while, and when I finally got admitted into a room, weighed (I can't figure out why I'm losing weight but getting taller), and blood-pressure-ized, and then got to sit and wait for half an hour.
The doctor finally saw me, grabbed my foot, twisted it a few ways, poked it thrice, and then exclaimed, after it made a squelching/grinding/popping sound, "Oh. I hate that sound..."
After sitting back in his chair and instructing me to put my shoes back on, he said casually, "Oh, you'll need surgery."
I burst out laughing.
Really, I did.
I mean,  I've got the messed up back, the messed up neck, an Atlas that won't stay in place, and NOW I NEED FOOT SURGERY. It's so unbearable that it's humorous.
Specifically, I have ::ahem:: "a subluxation of both anterior ligaments". In english, this means that some pieces of my foot got popped out of place, and I need "reconstructive surgery" to stick 'em back where they belong.

First, though, we had to get X-rays and an MRI to see what needs, specifically, to be done. (X-rays because I might also have fractured the ankle. If this is the case, I get to gimp around in a boot for months, THEN get surgery when it's healed, THEN gimp around some more in another boot, THEN go through physical therapy for many more months."
So off we went to the hospital for a little radiation.

X-rays were taken by a very awkward Tech, and then I ran (on crutches) back to the car so we could get to Green River in time for my Compass Test appointment.

I'm very proud of my Test results. Yes, I failed math, but I aced the other two and finished the entire thing in 50 minutes. The test was stupid easy, I thought, so I probably shouldn't be as happy about this as I am. Ah well.

When we got home, I tried to finish my schoolwork, but was so wiped out that I finally just gave up and slept. Then I got to wake up, consume f00d, and run off to Awana, which I wasn't prepared for at all.

My days are usually spent at home, alone, with the computer for company and a pile of schoolwork, so this day was extremely stressful and yet extremely enjoyable for me. Minus the surgery.

Yeah. So, that's how I'm doing. How're you doing?

2 comments:

  1. You didn't finish "(X-rays because I might also". Far too much suspense there... You might also WHAT??

    I decided to wait for my birthday to get free food to avoid the crowds.

    But yeah, sad about the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww NUTS.
    It's supposed to say, "X-rays, because I might also have fractured the ankle. If this is the case, I get to gimp around in a boot for months, THEN get surgery when it's healed, THEN gimp around some more in another boot, THEN go through physical therapy for many more months."
    So, nothing good.

    The crowds weren't bad. We got there at around 6:30, and we were seated right away. The tables rotated quickly because it was mostly High Schoolers who had to get to class.

    ReplyDelete

Brenna is taking another call, or cannot come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep.

*BEEP*