Pages To Turn

3/18/10

Friday Night Lights... Camera... Action!

Well, it's actually a play.

Yeah. I'm in a play on Friday. My character, Ruth, is a rude, obnoxious, materialistic, disobedient, rebellious, teenage girl (oh, wait, I'm being redundant... ::cough::) who wears really tight pants and shirts that are half falling off. But in a way that isn't completely ruinous of my modesty (it wasn't easy).She's also the accidental main character. The original main character somehow got overridden by what Ruth grew to be - but they're all cool with that.
There are two songs in the play, one of which I was supposed to be singing in. I dropped out last week or so, because my voice wasn't mixing with the other MC's voice (Hope).

This is the one Hope sings:


And this is the one my Uncle in the play sings at the end:


So yeah. If someone wants to see me prance around in a weird shirt and really tight pants while yelling at a stage family, rolling my eyes and calling people names, I suppose you should show up at my church tomorrow night... curtain goes up at 7:00, and I'm not quite sure about admission costs... there probably isn't one, or if there is, it'll be low.

Ciao.

-=Brenna=-

6 comments:

  1. I'll be in Idaho at the time...

    So what's the plot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! You're a great actress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenna, saw your comment on Melissa B's blog and thought I'd stop by to say a quick Hi!!!

    hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Qwip - the plot is... really confusing to explain. =P Well. The MC, Ruth, is a jerk, as I've mentioned. she lives in a Christian family. and on the day the play begins, she's planning a sleepover with two of her friends. Then her mom gets a call, and finds out they have to take care of their cousins for the night, and Ruth throws a fit because her cousin, Hope, does this "embarrassing thing" at night and she doesn't want her friends to find out... [the "embarassing thing" being night terrors because of an accident when she was younger, not... something else.]..... and various things happen after that to turn Ruth's attitude around, win her back to Christ, and cure Hope of her terrors (and win her to Christ). Etc. THat's not a great summary, but it's not a really great play, either...

    @Haley - Thank you. =) That's sweet. I'll definitely have fun!

    @ Wild And Precious - thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh. Sounds very ... Christianity-centered. :P

    ReplyDelete

Brenna is taking another call, or cannot come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep.

*BEEP*