Pages To Turn

5/16/10

Reflection

I was editing my Gmail Buzz down to a manageable  level today, and I noticed that there are numerous "Quotes Of The Day" posted. I thought I'd share them, especially for those of you who don't have Buzz. Or Gmail. 


Quote Of The Day: "Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you. I was listening to your lungs."


Quote Of The Day: "Join the Army! Travel the world! Meet exciting, diverse people and kill them!"


Quote Of The Day: "Friendship should be braided with strength, able to withstand plenty of tugging and jolting. Friendship should be give-and-take, a two-way street. Friendship should be cautious, practicing discretion amidst closeness. Friendship should be loyal, fiercely so. Friendship should be sincere from the whole heart."


Quote Of The Day: "If someone doesn't worship the ground you walk on, Brenna, their opinion of you is obviously either too low, or doesn't have enough information to make a correct assessment"


Quote Of The Day: "I think the Selfhood is in a little sidecar next to the Denial of Self."


Quote Of The Day: "Dare to be naive. Love without shame."


Quote Of The Day: "You know that something inside of you still plays a part in what I do. Always ... I think that if we were all we had... that's more than most people ever have."


Quote Of The Day: "If someone says "That's impossible," you should understand their statement as "According to my very limited experience and narrow understanding of reality, that's very unlikely."


Quote Of The Day: "You always complain about the red lights, but you never celebrate the green ones!"


Quote Of The Day: "First person: What do you want to be when you grow up? Second Person: I just want to be happy..."


Comforting Quote Of The Day: "It's in His hands. He won't lead you into something that isn't good for you in the end, even if it's scary or difficult at the onset. He knows you better than yourself and has everything nice and preordained. So stop trying to read the entire map of your life if you notice that God isn't showing you the whole thing. It'll be all right." (Cody S.)


Quote Of The Day: "There's something disconcerting about someone you love playing a character you are supposed to hate. For that time on stage, you dislike them. But your mind knows that the person is really a loved one. And it's confusing, especially if they're convincing." (Rhonda Hummel)


Quote Of The Day: "Of course I can't agree with you. If I did that, we would both be wrong."


Quote Of The Day: "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they aren't all out to get you."


Quote Of The Day: "Don't die of the joy of the future. Die of the joy of the past."


Quote Of The Day: "Watch your step, and see what you run into."


Quote Of The Day: "I knew I had to have him come and share with the students... he was so brilliant, so articulate and he was so politically incorrect"


Quote Of The Day: "A true friend is cheaper than therapy."


Quote Of The Day: "If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your comfort. If you need to be happy, I'll provide smiles. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."


Quote Of The Day: "Procrastinators UNITE!......... tomorrow...."


Quote Of The Day: "Yeah, I don't even know that guy. I shot him in the FACE "


Philosophical Statement Of The Day: "Why is it that we say we "fall into" temptation, the same way we say we "fall into" love? Do we not have control over where we step in bothcircumstances?"


Quote Of The Day: "When there is a herd of elephants in the room, it is difficult to navigate without severe injury to one's toes."


Quote Of The Day: "Whoa. Another female... blech"


Quote Of The Day: "Next time try applying some common sense directly to the forehead"


Quote Of The Day: "If your heart were really broken, you'd be dead. So shut up."


Quote Of The Day: "Those who don't know me think I'm quiet. Those who do know me wish I was..."


Quote Of The Day: "This isn't a paper. This is a lark."


Quote Of The Day: "Work like an Arminian, but sleep like a Calvinist."


Quote Of The Day: "God could be this tree. Right here. God the tree."


Quote Of The Day: "My foot has fallen asleep. It feels like it is covered in moss. Moss and a hedgehog. An upside-down hedgehog."


Quote Of The Day: "Sweetie, I didn't just fall for you. I fell down the stairs for you."


Quote Of The Day: "It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious."


Quote Of The Day: "If you give a man a fire, he's warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life."


Quote Of The Day: "Behind every successful man is a feminist shaking her fist"


Quote Of The Day: "My future is pain medication and more embarassing half-dressed exams."




Compliment of the month: "You're like a Pixar short film... silent, animated, and entertaining." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brenna is taking another call, or cannot come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep.

*BEEP*