Pages To Turn

10/10/09

Outside Our Box

[This post came about because I realized how whiny I sounded in the previous post, and decided I didn't like it. Please don't think badly of me because of it.]

"Do we not continually pass by blessings innumerable without notice, and instead fix our eyes on what we feel to be our trials and our losses, and think and talk about these until our whole horizon is filled with them, and we almost begin to think we have no blessings at all?"

~Hannah Withall Smith

Sometimes I think that, by reflecting constantly on what goes on in our lives and why it is going on (God's purpose in it), we hobble ourselves spiritually. We become so caught up in why God is putting us through things that we forget we aren't the only beings who are guided and provided for by God. Maybe a struggle isn't just for our edification - it could be to grow those who are around us and watching us and dealing with us in some way.
When we get wrapped up in what God's doing for us through struggles or relationships, we can easily forget that our purpose isn't to sit around figuring out what we're supposed to be learning - we're to take what we have learned already and apply it while working everything towards Him. After all, God's next to us throughout this race. Can't He just as effectively whisper what I need to hear in my ear as He jogs alongside me as He can stand up in front of me and teach?

Love Does Not Seek Its Own,

-=Brenna=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brenna is taking another call, or cannot come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep.

*BEEP*