Pages To Turn

9/20/10

Un

I felt sick as I walked into French 112. Actually, I felt sick all the drive TO French 133. And I imagine I”ll be getting sick on the way to Drama 111, when the time comes to hike over to the theatre. Right now I’m sitting in the computer lab, at a table with no other people, next to the long rows of computers and more experienced college students. They all seem to know what they’re doing… while I have no idea. What I really want to do is get my wi-fi set up, but unfortunately, the computer lab is having technical difficulties with the new students. >.< So I’m typing this on Microsoft Word, to be published later with a forged time stamp.
I have this idea I was supposed to have my student ID number today. Whoops. Didn’t even think of it. >.< It’s probably in my mom’s purse, all nice and unhelpfully. So even if there weren’t technical difficulties, I would be out of luck.

French 112 was alright, there were lots of other timid people., so I didn’t feel out of place. The teacher practiced some phrases on us, such as “what is your name”, “where are you from”, etc. He asked me “what is your favorite kind of book to read?” and “what is your favorite author?” I did not really feel like sharing with the class what my taste was. It didn’t seem like their business, and I don’t really intend to get close with them, so I said that I like psychological thrillers and my favorite author was Carl Jung. Heeeeheehe. This has probably insured me against any and all friendly attacks from my fellow students.

Though, despite my constant disdain for fellow teenagers, I… actually feel a little lonely. All the people walking by with friends, talking, laughing, etc. All I need is one person. I have this secret hope that one of the people in my French class will be in Drama, and I”ll get a friend by default. =P Usually I’m really careful about who I pick for friends (this leads many people to think that I am actually friendless. This is not the case. I am just picky), but this time, I’d just like someone to smile back at me.

Even so, confusing and scaring people is fun too. It helps you retain a sense of… mystery. Also, “untouchability”, which I enjoy quite a bit.

There was some big crisis in the computer lab today, so I still don’t have wi-fi. Though could have found my student ID if the computers had been working, but no. >.<

Soooo, having no internet to entertain me until drama, I am wandering around aimlessly instead. I think I now know the location of every single restroom and soda machine, information that will no doubt assist me in my long year here at GRCC. Also, I was already hit on by some guy whose trousers barely covered his boxer shorts. I think I found this a little too amusing for his taste, as my smirking caused him to flee. I am a scaaaary little girl.
So I just have half an hour left to bide my time. Actually, 36 minutes. ::sigh:: BORING. Bathrooms are not nearly interesting enough to keep me entertained for two hours. People might be, but it is raining outside, and there is nowhere to sit because of that. Otherwise I would tap around on my laptop while actually spying on the people going by.

Oh, I HAVE seen lots of people I know. Saw Jeremy Sigrist and Austen Gatz on my way out of French, and I saw Caleb Philips, someone who looked like David Babb but might not have been, and Troy Myren. I know of other people who are going to GRCC, but no sightings so far.

Anyway, this is a lot less hard than I was preparing myself for. There are people dorkier than me and people way cooler than me. I haven’t seen many people who look like my kind of people…. But it’s possible I won’t actually find anyone here to connect with. I don’t mind, really. I’m here for education, not socialization. No one I know is in my classes, so I don’t have a built-in friend system… and I’m pretty sure I’m okay with that. It’s nice not to be constantly talked to. It’s alone time in the middle of a crowd. How introvert-typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brenna is taking another call, or cannot come to the phone right now. Leave a message at the beep.

*BEEP*